Giving to the Virginia Community Foundation (VCF) makes a lasting impact that helps a small town thrive. Over the past decades, Iron Range cities have seen their populations shrink and their economies stagnate. We believe in keeping the home fires burning for those who choose to live in a small town and for those who want to leave the urban jungle for a taste of small-town life.
- With almost $5 million invested, the Foundation has already awarded close to 1 million in the form of grants. The more we have invested, the more we generate to fund projects for children, students, seniors, civic organizations and Virginia’s parks and lakes.
- The Foundation supports special projects, including nine murals and, most recently, the restoration of the Olcott Park Fountain. With Foundation help, funds are raised to go directly to projects or large grants are leveraged. To date, the Foundation calculates this support has helped raise or fund projects in excess of $3.1 million.
Your support goes far to help us preserve our community legacy. You can give in the following ways:
- Make a regular contribution through automated giving.
- Create a lasting legacy in your name or that of your parents or other family members.
- Include the Foundation in your estate planning.
- Participate in fund-raising efforts.
The Virginia Community Foundation is a permanent resource that will serve the community well into the future. You can make a difference in the lives of those who call Virginia home or for those who visit.
If you have questions, call us at 218 749-8239 or Donate Now