To be considered for a grant from the Virginia Community Foundation, an organization and/or project must:
- Benefit the greater Virginia, Minnesota community, AND
- Be a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization or provide documentation that the organization is sponsored by a fiscal agent that has 501(c)(3) status or be a public entity.
- Approved grants expire one year from the date of approval, unless a grantee applies for and is granted an extension.
- A Final Report Form must be submitted within thirty (30) days upon completion of the project/event date. Consideration of future requests will be dependent on completion of final reports from any prior grant.
- The Foundation appreciates public acknowledgement on project sites and/or in project communications. The Foundation strongly encourages Grantees to purchase materials and services form local businesses when using VCF funds.
Grant requests are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Will make a clear difference in the quality of life in the Virginia area.
- Leverage other funding.
- Demonstrate a realistic plan for sustaining the effort after VCF funds have been expended.
The Virginia Community Foundation does NOT fund:
- Grants to individual persons or private foundations.
- Political organizations or campaigns.
- Religious purposes including worship, religious instructions, or proselytization.
- Endowments for other organizations.
- Fundraising campaigns or dinners, ticket sales, celebrations or similar activities.
- Traditional government services or dollar-for-dollar replacement of public funding.