In order to be considered for a grant from the Virginia Community Foundation, an organization and/or project must:
- Benefit the greater Virginia, Minnesota community (ISD 706 district boundaries), AND
- Be a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization or provide documentation that the organization is sponsored by a fiscal agent that has 501(c)(3) status or be a public entity.
- Approved grants expire one year from the date of approval, unless a grantee applies for and is granted an extension.
- A Final Report Form must be submitted within three (3) months after the grant period end date. Consideration of future requests will be dependent on completion of final reports for any prior grants.
- The Foundation appreciates public acknowledgement on project sites and/or in project communications.Grantees are strongly encouraged to make
- purchases of materials and services form local businesses when using VCF funds.
Grant requests are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Will make a clear difference in the quality of life in the Virginia area.
- Leverage other funding
- Demonstrate a realistic plan for sustaining the effort after VCF funds have been expended.
The Virginia Community Foundation does NOT fund:
- Grants to individual persons or private foundations.
- Political organizations or campaigns.
- Religious purposes including worship, religious instructions, or proselytization.
- Endowments for other organizations.
- Fundraising campaigns or dinners, ticket sales, celebrations or similar activities.
- Traditional government services or dollar-for-dollar replacement of public funding.