AREAS OF INTEREST
Supporting Community Needs and/or Opportunities
Parks and Recreation
Arts and Culture
The Virginia Community Foundation is dedicated to strengthening and revitalizing our community. Grant requests are evaluated on the degree to which they are in line with the criteria below.
- Applications are submitted by a charitable 501c3 organization, a public entity, or an organization with a fiscal agent agreement with a 501c3 organization.
- A typical grant award does not exceed $5,000.
- Projects must be completed within 12 months of the grant award date.
- Submit grant application along with the required attachments.
Grant Award Criteria
- Impact – projects that will have an overall impact within the greater Virginia area.
- Measurable results – projects that can make a clear difference in the quality of life for a substantial number of people over a significant period of time.
- Community need – projects that address a current community need and/or opportunity.
- Collaboration/partnership – projects that encourage cooperation and collaboration with other organizations in unique and impactful ways.
- Asset-based approach – projects that maximize the strengths, talents, and resources of the greater Virginia area.
- Sustainability – project demonstrates a plan to continue beyond Foundation funding.
- Individuals or private foundations
- Political organizations or campaigns
- Religious purposes or activities
- Endowments for other organizations
- Fundraising campaigns or dinners, ticket sales, celebrations, or similar activities
- Traditional government services or dollar-for-dollar replacement of public funding